Neetu Dawlal - Senior Associate
Excellence is an art won by training & habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.Aristotle
Neetu Dawlal is a senior associate in GMI’s Employment Law Department.
She has previously served as a senior lecturer in the Faculty of Law at the University of Pretoria, where she lectured commercial law to first-year BCom students. Neetu has also lectured Labour Law to second-year LLB students and Fundamental Labour Law to fourth-year LLB students. She has also presented guest lectures for the Advanced Certificate in Labour Law offered by Continued Education @ University of Pretoria.
A substantial portion of her practice relates to matters concerning the public service act and regulations, public finance management act, national treasury regulations, SMS handbook, municipal structures act, municipal systems act and municipal finance management act.
Neetu has dealt with numerous matters wherein she has successfully assisted various clients in either opposing or launching review applications, obtaining strike interdicts and opposing various litigation disputes involving senior executive employees.
Neetu is also an admitted notary of the High Court of South Africa and renders notarial services such as the preparation and lodgement of antenuptial contracts and legalisation or authentication of all of types of documents for South African citizens and foreign nationals for use abroad.
- LLB (UP)
- LLM (Labour and Commercial Law) (UP)
- Certificate in Advanced Labour Law (CE@UP)
- Certificate in Pension Funds Law (UNISA)
Areas of specialisation
- Chairing or initiating disciplinary hearings
- Chairing of grievance and appeal hearings
- Preparing of charge sheets and assisting with dry-runs
- Drafting and reviewing of employment contracts and all types of workplace policies
- Conducting internal forensic investigations and drafting of recommendation reports
- Review applications
- CCMA and Bargaining Council disputes
- Labour Court and Labour Appeal Court litigation
- High Court and Magistrates’ Court litigation
- Assisting with restructuring and retrenchment matters
- Section 197 transfers, due diligence investigations and reports
- Strikes and lock-outs
- Trade union negotiations and recognition/collective agreements
- In-house training of IR and labour related presentations
Tel: +27 (0)12 428 8681
Fax: +27 (0)12 428 8781