Wim Cilliers is a director in GMI’s Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law Department.
Wim attended the North West University where he obtained his BA Law and LLB degrees respectively 1994 and 1997. Wim completed part of his LLB at the University of Leuven in Belgium. He was admitted as an attorney in 2000. In 2002, he completed his LLM in commercial law at UNISA. Wim is a director at Gildenhuys Malatji since 2004.
Wim specialises in all aspects of insurance law with a particular interest in all aspects of professional indemnity, construction law, and engineering claims, product liability, personal injury and medical malpractice, financial lines, directors' and officers' liability, fire claims and public liability as well as general liability insurance. He also advises on coverage disputes.
Wim also specialises in general commercial litigation as well as arbitrations and alternative dispute resolution processes. He also has experience in cross-border commercial litigation in SADC countries as well as in the European Union. From time to time he advises on tax enforcement litigation in terms of the Tax Administration Act.
Wim is a member of the disciplinary committee of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces.
- BA (Law)
- LLB (UNW)
- LLM (Commercial Law) (UNISA)
- Certificate in Compliance and Regulatory Management
Areas of specialisation
- Commercial Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Professional Indemnity Litigation
- Insurance Law and Litigation
- International Commercial Litigation
- Litigation on insurance policy interpretation repudiated claims and subrogated claims
- Loss of Production and Product Liability Litigation
- Fire Claims Litigation
- Compliance Management and Corporate Governance
- Advising on interpretation of contracts
- Building and Construction Law
- Administrative Law
- Advising on interpretation of legislation for various industries
Tel: +27 (0)12 428 8687
Fax: +27 (0)12 428 8601