Wim Cilliers is a director in GMI’s Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law Department.
Wim completed part of his LLB at the University of Leuven in Belgium. In 2000 he completed his LLM in Commercial Law at UNISA, and in 2008 he completed a certificate programme in Compliance and Regulatory Management at UJ.
His practice focuses on specialised commercial and professional indemnity disputes. Wim also advises on the interpretation of contracts and offer advisory services involving compliance and legislative interpretation. Wim also sits on the disciplinary committee of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces.
- BA (Law)
- LLB (UNW)
- LLM (Commercial Law) (UNISA)
- Certificate in Compliance and Regulatory Management
Areas of specialisation
- Commercial Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Professional Indemnity Litigation
- Insurance Law and Litigation
- International Commercial Litigation
- Litigation on insurance policy interpretation, repudiated claims and subrogated claims
- Loss of Production and Product Liability Litigation
- Fire Claims Litigation
- Compliance Management and Corporate Governance
- Advising on interpretation of contracts
- Building and Construction Law
- Administrative Law
- Advising on interpretation of legislation for various industries
Tel: +27 (0)12 428 8653
Fax: +27 (0)12 428 8753