Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law
What we do
We offer a full complement of legal services in the insurance industry. We act on behalf of a number of major insurers in the insurance industry.
The team deals with specialised commercial litigation relating to commercial disputes for various major corporate entities. This team also deals with major building and construction disputes and litigation centred around that, including adjudications and arbitration.
The team also conducts litigation on behalf of a number of public and statutory bodies.
Areas of Insurance Law we specialise in include
- Litigation in Policy Liability and Repudiated Claims
- Fire Claims
- Loss of Production Litigation
- Compliance with Applicable Insurance Legislation
- Policy Liability
- Policy Interpretation
- Subrogated Recoveries of Damages and Defences
- Professional negligence litigation with regard to the liability of professionals in all professions in respect of professional conduct.
- Building and construction disputes.
- Litigation on policy liability or repudiated claims.
- Litigation on behalf of insurers in the short and long-term insurance industry.
- Loss of production litigation.
- Professional indemnity claims litigation.
- Advice on regulatory aspects and compliance with applicable legislation.
- Assessment of liability under insurance policies and insurance liability litigation.
- Product liability litigation.
- Interpretation of policy wording.
- Subrogated recoveries of damages.
- Medical negligence litigation.
- Commercial litigation and arbitration proceedings.
- International litigation and international arbitrations.
- Litigation centred around the interpretation of legislation and the exercise of public power.
Our team consists of the following members